Choosing the right order management system (OMS) isn’t easy.
A modern OMS typically orchestrates order fulfillment while optimizing inventory management across all sales channels and fulfillment centers. In order to do so, an OMS is usually integrated, often via APIs, with a merchant’s ecommerce platform, POS, WMS, ERP and more.
Get a new implementation right the first time, and you’re a hero.
With your heroism in mind, we’ve published a whitepaper that will help you uncover 5 hidden costs to consider before choosing an OMS. It’s common for surprise issues to arise that slow down a software implementation’s pace, or increase expenses, or both. Even with detailed research and requirements development, we simply don’t know what we don’t know.
Order Management System (OMS) implementations can carry the same risks. The key to avoiding them is to uncover the potential surprises before purchasing the software. We’re here to help.
As Order and Inventory Management Software implementation experts, we’ve learned from our clients that there are a handful of potential land mines to sidestep that many don’t consider in advance.
Our free white paper covers the 5 hidden costs to avoid when buying an OMS:
- Too Many Irrelevant Features – Paying for features and upgrades far afield from Distributed Order Management that you just don’t need.
- Poor Technical Support – Learning that basic (or premium) training and support is actually less than basic.
- Overlooking Bonus Features – Missing the chance to get capabilities you need that are just outside a traditional OMS platform’s feature set.
- API is Underdeveloped – Paying more for integration than anticipated.
- Slow Performance – Discovering that uptime and latency are sub-par.
The white paper covers each in great detail, answering questions like:
- What are the hidden costs?
- How can they be identified in advance?
- And how can they be avoided?
While a detailed Order Management System RFP Template can help you evaluate the feature set, you’re still going to have to pressure test technical support, APIs and performance. Our whitepaper will tell you how to do so, efficiently and successfully.